Wednesday, September 23, 2015

15 Minute DIY Rustic Jewelry Display


The top of my dresser has been a sore spot in my bedroom. My frequently used jewelry lays on top of the dresser and sometimes gets snagged by my tip-toeing toddler. I've been wanting to buy something to hang my necklaces from so they'd be out of Charlotte's reach, but I'm trying not to buy more, so I had to get creative. When my toddler handed me a nice cedar stick at the park I had my inspiration.  I'd seen similar things online and thought this would be simple enough to make. I was right too.

Here is what you need:


  • A stick
  • Twine
  • 3/4" cup hooks (I bought two packs, but only used one)
  • scissors 
  • pliers 


This has got to be the easiest DIY I've ever thought up. It literally took me 15 minutes to put together including photos.



I started by wrapping the twine around the end and making a knot. I then repeated the process on the other side leaving a little slack.


I then screwed in a hook around the center of the stick. I found the pliers were helpful for the last couple turns.  (You may want to hold it up from the twine to see what part of the stick is on the bottom)


I held the stick, hanging from the twine, against a wall to make sure the hook hung the correct direction. I then marked with a pen the approximate spots I wanted the other hooks to be on the bottom of the stick.  Then I twisted in the next four screws and was ready to hang it up.


Ta-Dah! 


Leave a comment and let me know what you think! Please post pictures if you try it out yourself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment